Friday, September 17, 2010

Introduction

Hello dear reader! I am the budding criminologist!! For as long as I can remember, I have had a weird fascination with crime, specifically serial killers. I decided to parlay that interest into an Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice. As an undergrad, I branched out beyond the serial killer realm of criminology into studying the intersection of race, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic status, etc, basically any marginalized group in society, and crime policy. I wanted to understand the impact of one's position in society on the way their criminality was perceived, shaping their interaction with the criminal justice system. I will use this blog to further explore criminal justice policy topics that I come across and other "crime-y" topics that I want to share.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment